About Me

Nooksack, Washington, United States

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I wish my head were a well.... Drip, drip, drip

To my dear Vera and precious Gretchen, I wish my head were a well and my eyes fountains of tears so I could weep day and night for you my dear ones (Jer. 9:1 paraphrase). I turned my attention to all the outrageous violence that takes place on this planet - the tears of the victims, no one to comfort them; the iron grip of oppressors, no one to rescue the victims from them. So I congragulated the dead who were already dead instead of the living who are still alive. But luckier than the dead or the living is the person who has never even been, who has never seen the bad business that takes place on this earth (Ecclesiastes 4:1). I'm tired of all this - so tired. My bed has been floating for forty days and nights on the flood of my tears. My mattress is soaked, soggy with tears. The sockets of my eyes are black holes; nearly blind, I squint and grope. (Psalm 6:5-7)
As I was attempting to soak my troubles away in the bathtub I watched the water dripping from the loofah hanging on the spout.
Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip....
And it reminded of all the tear drops that have fallen from the eyes of countless women who have been mistreated, abused, and left broken with no one to hold them, tenderly speak their names, and honor their broken and battered hearts. I agonize for these precious souls who need to know they are valued and cherished. They need to know that no one deserves to have their innocence stolen so quickly. I will speak for all my sisters. I want to shout from the top of the earth that you are precious pearls. You are worth more than all the money that exists on this planet. If no one has cried out for you, I cry out for you today. I will be your advocate and stand in the gap for you. My eyes pour out tears. Day and night the tears never quit. My dear, dear sisters are battered and bruised. Precious child, you were stolen from. You were never meant to have a life of such despair and you don't have to feel this hopelessness any more. There is a future for you, but you must fight for it. With every last breath and ounce of strength inside of you, you must claw for your future. Don't let the evil that tried to steal your life take any more of your sacred breath and your invaluable soul. Those who stole from you are without excuse. They made a choice to commit grievous acts of evil towards you. No temptation that came their way was beyond the course of what others have had to face. They were not pushed beyond their limits. We all are faced with the decision to hurt another or to bless another every day. When they chose to commit these atrocious acts they were fully cognisant of what they were doing. They did not choose righteousness. They are without excuse and deserving of every consequence that they must face. You, dear friend, were a victim. May God free your soul from the shackles of the pain you have endured. May He bring you great comfort, and peace.
The tears stream from my eyes, an artesian well of tears, Until You, God, look down from on high, look and see my tears. When I look and see what's happened to the young women in the city. the pain breaks my heart. (Lamentations 3:49)
Dear sister, make no mistake! God sees every tear you have cried. He has caught every single one on the tip of his finger. He knows your pain and He cares. He sees the agony in each tear drop and calls you blessed in your brokeness. In the sermon on the mount found in Luke chapter 6 Jesus said, "You're blessed when you've lost it all. God's kingdom is their for the finding. You're blessed when the tears flow freely. Joy comes in the morning." Jesus honors your tears as seen through the story of a prostitute In Luke chapter 7. She knew Jesus was feasting at the home of a Pharisee and she rushed to where Jesus was sitting. She had her most prized possesion with her, a bottle of very expensive perfume. So captured by His love for her she stood at his feet , weeping, raining tears upon them. She let down her hair, kissed his feet, and dried them with her hair and poured her perfume upon them. Do you know what the Pharisee did? He judged her because she was a prostitute. Do you know what Jesus did? He said, "Do you see this woman? I came to your home; you provided no water for my feet, but she rained tears on my feet and dried them with her hair. You gave me no greeting, but from the time she has arrived she hasn't quit kissing my feet. You provided nothing for freshening up, but she has soothed my feet with perfume. Impressive, isn't it?" Jesus saw this woman. He saw every tear that fell. He saw the sacrifice she made and he honored her by esteeming her in front of all the men who had come to judge her. Your tears matter to Him. Cling to Him and claw for your restoration, the healing of your soul. God wants to move into your neighborhood. He wants to reveal your beauty and your value and give you back all that was stolen.
I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making his home with men and women! They're his people, he's their God. He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good - tears gone, crying gone, pain gone. (Revelation 21:3 paraphrase)
This is your life
The rest is still unwritten

No comments:

Post a Comment