About Me

Nooksack, Washington, United States

Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunset

How? Why? When? Where to begin? Where to end? Will the sun ever set on this nightmare? I go to sleep and wake up and it's smacking me right in the face again and again and again. The loved ones who suffered the horror of sexual crimes have now come to find rest in my home. I am honored to give them a safe place to heal. I want to be the shoulder they lean on, the ear that will listen, the tears that will cry, the heart that will feel and I will get down into the pit with them. I will grieve their loss along side them. Am I strong enough to help them? I know that I have found hope, comfort, even peace with the past, but seeing their journey brings it all up again. And yet I am suprising myself because this time I am stronger, I am wiser. In fact, I am now doing what should have been done for me and countless other victims years ago. I feel so empowered! I have called those who are there to protect and serve and now it is in their hands to see that justice is done. I am so thankful to lay down this burden, to not have to carry this secret any longer. It has laid heavy upon my soul for many years. It brings me such healing to stand in the gap for another victim, to validate their pain and hold their hand as they choose to put one foot in front of the other. They will have many demons to slay. The road ahead is full of muck and mire and their feet will get stuck sometimes. They will want to give up, to throw in the towel. And I am here to pull them to their feet again. To point them to the healing that lies head. This gives me a reason to keep pushing ahead. I can look back now on my own journey and see my own growth. I see that their is a different way to feel. The sadness doesn't have to consume you every day. The sun will set and morning will come. Is the sun finally setting on this nightmare for my dear ones? Is the day of pain coming to an end? Oh, please let it be so!
Psalm 6:9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment