About Me

Nooksack, Washington, United States

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where I end and they begin

I learned something last week that is changing my life. Maybe it will seem simple to those of you who have great boundary setting skills in your life, but to me it was like reading a newspaper headline that makes you jump up and take notice. It captured my attention and has held me rapt for the last week. This is what I learned: my children, my sweet little blessings, are completely separate individuals. So, this means they do not feel the same things I felt when I was a child, or even feel now. Sure, I know this in my head, but my heart often tells me something so different. It was in my counseling session that I was assured that they do not suffer from the same feelings of loss and insecurity that I struggle so deeply with. There innocence has not been stolen, there needs have not been looked over, they have not been subject to the same chaotic environment that I endured. Oh, how glorious this is! It was so sweet to my ears and my heart leapt with joy as I pondered this amazing truth. If I were to taste this feeling it was like honey, so sweet and liquid in form sliding down my throat and warming my belly. It was love that poured down from heaven into my troubled heart and mind. It was a soothing balm to my aching bones and tired muscles that have been worn out from worry and concern for my little blessings. It was God's handiwork and it is changing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment